Eligible candidates and requirements:
Open to any year 9 & 10 students.
Candidates will be required to:
1. Complete the Aspiring Pilots Application Form
2. Submit a 500-word essay
3. Provide a resume and latest school marks or report.
4. If shortlisted, book and attend an interview at nearest Flight Experience. During this interview, you will have a short assessment flight in our Boeing 737 flight simulator
1) One x 30 minute ‘Ground School’ briefing* with a commercial pilot covering: Basic flight controls & their effects, basic forces that act on an aircraft and a discussion around ideal subjects and extra-curricular activities during your last few school years
2) Two X 30 minute ‘get the feel for flight’ guided lessons in a Virtual Reality flight simulator
3) Two X 30 minute flight-deck orientation lessons in a CASA Approved Boeing 737 flight simulator with a commercially qualified Flight Experience instructor. Put what you have learned to the test in a real Boeing 737 flight simulator
4) Pinstripe Solutions’ Aspiring Pilots Workbook
Learn what it would be like to operate a commercial jet, and gain an understanding of the steps involved in becoming a pilot. Know what you need to work on and what subjects to take in your remaining school years to give you a head start.